Original McIntosh Apple Tree
Pictured is the original McIntosh apple tree. The tree was discovered in 1796. The tree was transplanted in 1830 and one side burned in 1893. The other side of the tree continued to bear fruit until 1908.
L. H. Bailey Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture (New York, New York: The MacMillan Company, 1917) volume 1, page 317