Agnew and Erskine
Head-quarters of Agnew and Erskine. This house is on the south bank of Still River, at the north end of the main street. It was built by Benjamind Knapp, in 1770, and was owned by him at the time of the invasion. His birth-place is also standing, on the north side of the river. They were among the few houses not burned. At the bridge seen on the right the British planted a cannon, and kept a strong guard there until their departure. This house is now (1848) owned by Noah Knapp.