The President's House in Philadelphia (1794)
This house, located on the 500 block of Market Street, served as the executive mansion of the United States, while the nation's capital was located in Philadelphia, PA. Two Presidents occupied the house while in office, George Washington from 1790 to 1797, and John Adams, from 1797 to 1800.
Benson John Lossing, ed. Harper's Encyclopedia of United States History (vol. 10) (New York, NY: Harper and Brothers, 1912)
Courtesy the private collection of Roy Winkelman