Worth's Mills

| View Cart ⇗ | Info

“Bridge at Worth’s Mill’s. This substantial stone bridge, over Stony Brook, is upon the site of the wooden one destroyed on the 3d of January, 1777. The old mill on the left is now owned by Josiah S. Worth, a son of the propietor during the Revolution. This sketch was made from the road on the bank of the stream, along which Mercer and his detachment marched to secure the bridge."—Lossing, 1851


Benson J. Lossing, The Pictorial Field-Book of the Revolution (New York: Harper & Brothers, 1851)II:238


TIFF (full resolution)

2400×1830, 1.5 MiB

Large GIF

1024×780, 238.5 KiB

Medium GIF

640×488, 117.0 KiB

Small GIF

320×244, 35.7 KiB