Clippix ETC: An online picture service of Florida's Educational Technology Clearinghouse

picture sizes
Details of Entrance to San Marcos Chapel from Court, 1936

Details of Entrance to San Marcos Chapel from Court, 1936

This sheet of architectural drawing shows details of the entrance to the chapel from the courtyard of the Castillo de San Marcos, including door panels and jamb. On the same sheet is a drawing of the holy water fountain and a section of the altar platform.

The Castillo de San Marcos was renamed Fort Marion after the United States acquired Florida from Spain in 1821. In 1942, Congress restored the original name.

Drawn September 1, 1936 by J. Erwin Page as a part of the Historic American Buildings Survey. Drawing was downloaded from the Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. and photo edited by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology.

Galleries: Architectural Drawings, Forts and Fortifications, St. Johns
Keywords: Castillo de San Marcos, Fort Marion, St. Augustine, door, drawing, fort, keystone, moulding
Photo Location: Castillo de San Marcos, St. Augustine, FL
Photographer: J. Erwin Page
Date of Photo: 09/01/1936
Original Dimensions: 5000×4037
Picture Orientation: Landscape
GPS Coordinates: 29°53′52″N 81°18′41″W
Picture Number: 26119