Clippix ETC: An online picture service of Florida's Educational Technology Clearinghouse

picture sizes
Door and Window Drawings for Rooms 9, 10, 12, and 21, 1936

Door and Window Drawings for Rooms 9, 10, 12, and 21, 1936

This sheet of architectural drawings from the Castillo de San Marcos shows door elevations, windows, hinges, and jamb details for rooms 9, 10, 12, and 21.

The Castillo de San Marcos was renamed Fort Marion after the United States acquired Florida from Spain in 1821. In 1942, Congress restored the original name.

Drawn September 1, 1936 by J. Erwin Page as a part of the Historic American Buildings Survey. Drawing was downloaded from the Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. and photo edited by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology.

Galleries: Architectural Drawings, Forts and Fortifications, St. Johns
Keywords: Castillo de San Marcos, Fort Marion, St. Augustine, door, drawing, fort, window
Photo Location: Castillo de San Marcos, St. Augustine, FL
Photographer: J. Erwin Page
Date of Photo: 09/01/1936
Original Dimensions: 5000×4033
Picture Orientation: Landscape
GPS Coordinates: 29°53′52″N 81°18′41″W
Picture Number: 26120