Clippix ETC: An online picture service of Florida's Educational Technology Clearinghouse

picture sizes
Fort Marion (Castillo de San Marcos) Plan View of Ground Floor, 1933

Fort Marion (Castillo de San Marcos) Plan View of Ground Floor, 1933

This plan drawing of the Castillo de San Marcos shows the ground floor rooms labeled as they were used in 1936.

The Castillo de San Marcos was renamed Fort Marion after the United States acquired Florida from Spain in 1821. In 1942, Congress restored the original name.

Drawn September 1, 1936 by J. Erwin Page as a part of the Historic American Buildings Survey. Drawing was downloaded from the Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. and photo edited by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology.

Galleries: Architectural Drawings, Forts and Fortifications, St. Johns
Keywords: plan drawing, Castillo de San Marcos, Fort Marion, St. Augustine, drawing, fort
Photo Location: Castillo de San Marcos, St. Augustine, FL
Photographer: J. Erwin Page
Date of Photo: 09/01/1936
Original Dimensions: 5000×4044
Picture Orientation: Landscape
GPS Coordinates: 29°53′52″N 81°18′41″W
Picture Number: 26132