Clippix ETC: An online picture service of Florida's Educational Technology Clearinghouse

picture sizes
Plan Drawing of Castillo de San Marcos Upper Deck, 1987

Plan Drawing of Castillo de San Marcos Upper Deck, 1987

This plan drawing from the 1987 addendum to the Historic American Building Survey of the Castillo de San Marcos shows the location of the interior court, terreplein, baluartes, towers, moat, and ravelin.

The Castillo de San Marcos was renamed Fort Marion after the United States acquired Florida from Spain in 1821. In 1942, Congress restored the original name.

Drawn 1987 by Michael T. Webb as a part of the Historic American Buildings Survey. Drawing was downloaded from the Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. and photo edited by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology.

Galleries: Architectural Drawings, Forts and Fortifications, St. Johns
Keywords: Castillo de San Marcos, Fort Marion, St. Augustine, baluarte, drawing, fort, garita, plan drawing, ravelin, terreplein, tower
Photo Location: Castillo de San Marcos, St. Augustine, FL
Photographer: Michael T. Webb
Date of Photo: 06/10/1909
Original Dimensions: 5000×3400
Picture Orientation: Landscape
GPS Coordinates: 29°53′52″N 81°18′41″W
Picture Number: 26123