The photos comprising this panorama were taken by William Henry Jackson between 1880 and 1897 when the Castillo de San Marcos was known as Fort Marion in honor of American Revolutionary War hero, Francis Marion. On the left side, a horse and buggy stand by the drawbridge to the ravelin. In the center of the composition is the sentry box of the San Agustin bastion. The hot shot furnace is located in the center of the water battery. Three visitors nearby pose on the sea wall. Behind the visitors stands the main watchtower of the San Carlos bastion.
Credit: This panorama was produced by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology from image(s) in the Library of Congress retrieved 1/21/2013 from http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/det1994003231/PP/. The original files were cropped, merged, photoedited, and otherwise manipulated by FCIT to create this panoramic image. To view unretouched images, please visit the Library of Congress.
Original Dimensions: 16024 × 7715 px
Location: Castillo de San Marcos, St. Augustine, FL