Literary Analysis Guide is an essential tool for anyone studying literature or rhetoric in high school or college. Whether preparing for your Advanced Placement (AP) English Literature and Composition exam or writing a paper for a graduate-level literature course, Literary Analysis Guide will help you on your way.
By arranging the elements of literature graphically around three wheels (poetry, prose, and rhetoric), teachers and students are better able to visualize how the elements of literature develop style and meaning. Click on any of the literary terms listed around the wheels, and a screen appears with a detailed definition of the term, several examples from literature, and additional questions to ask yourself about how that device is employed in the literature you are currently studying. Click on “Figures of Speech” from any of the three wheels, and the “Figures of Speech Wheel” appears, which functions in the same way as the three others.
Literary Analysis Guide was developed by a college English professor with extensive secondary experience and is appropriate for all levels from secondary through graduate-level university academics.
Literary Analysis Guide is a universal app for use on iPad and iPhone.
- Cost: 2.99
- Skills Taught: Literary Terms
- Offline functionality: 100%
- Accessibility Issues: This app was used with the various Accessibility features of the iPad turned on. The following issues/concerns or attributes of these features were found: Voice Over: The voice over feature worked well with the definitions and the examples; however, it did not work when tapping on the buttons on the literary analysis wheels. When tapping on the buttons, voice over states "button" not the actual name of the button. Zoom: Zoom and Voice Over cannot be used at the same time. However, the Zoom feature is helpful in increasing the small font on the definition and example pages. White on Black: This app is already White on Black; therefore, by turning on this feature, the opposite color scheme is presenting, making it easier to read. The layout of this app is simple and easy to follow. Some of the buttons on one of the literary analysis wheels is a little small and may be difficult for students with physical limitations.
- Student Protection issues: N/A
- Keywords: literary analysis, literature terms
- Requirements: Current Version: 1.4 1.4 (iOS 4.0 Tested) Size: 2.5 MB
- Type: software
- Device(s): iPad
- Subject Area: Language Arts, Reading
- Category: Reference
- Grade Level: 6, 7, 8
- Date Added: Mar 21, 2011
- Take Me To It