Includes much of the content from the Full version in an Ad-supported Format. ***
Spanglish, the better way to improve your Spanish vocabulary.
By targeting common pitfalls, Spanglish fixes your mistakes - before you make them.
Spanglish’s games will help you learn:
* Cognates and False Cognates: Its easy to confuse words like embarrassing (Spanish: avergonzado) and embarazada (English: pregnant). Many Spanish and English words look alike. Learn which ones have a similar meaning - and which don’t.
* Verb Families: Learn the differences between verbs like volver (to return in the sense of go back to a place), volverse (to become), and devolver (to return in the sense of give back a thing).
* Confusing words: Learn to tell apart similar-looking words like quedar (to stay), quemar (to burn) and quebrar (to break).
* Spanglish now learns about your strengths and weaknesses! Master difficult vocabulary through review.
* Includes six separate user profiles so that you can share Spanglish with family and friends.
* Added a new “popular vocabulary” game that covers the 1000 most common words in Spanish.
* Added a new “Quotes and Sayings” game that introduces vocabulary in context.
Spanglish’s dictionary includes more than 10,000 of the most useful Spanish words.
Spanglish takes full advantage of the iPad’s larger screen and the iPhone 4’s Hi-Res Retina display.
- Cost: Free
- Skills Taught: Vocabulary Buiding
- Offline functionality: 100%
- Accessibility Issues:
- Student Protection issues:
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or late
- Type: software
- Device(s): iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- Subject Area: World Languages
- Grade Level: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
- Date Added: May 2, 2011
- Take Me To It