Christina Georgina Rossetti was an English poet. Although she began writing at an early age, her poetry didn't garner attention until Goblin Market and Other Poems was published in 1862. The title poem from this book is the poet’s best known work. In the early 20th century, Rossetti's popularity faded, and she remained largely unnoticed and unread until the 1970s when feminist scholars began to reexamine her work. In the last few decades, her writing has been given admittance into the Victorian literary canon.
- “The City Mouse and the Garden Mouse”
- A nursery rhyme about the differences between the city mouse and the garden mouse and how each is happy in his own manner.
- A nursery rhyme that is a lullaby to a baby.
- The Wind
- A poem that analyzes the nature and presence of the wind.
- The Sisters
- A sing-song poem that focuses on three sisters dancing and then two mourning for the third.
FCIT. (2021, December 08). Christina Rossetti author page. Retrieved December 08, 2021, from
FCIT. "Christina Rossetti author page." Lit2Go ETC. Web. 08 December 2021. <>.
FCIT, "Christina Rossetti author page." Accessed December 08, 2021..