This is a collection of general interest publications from the U.S. Geological Survey on rocks, fossils, and other geology topics.
Source: This book was compiled by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology and includes passages from multiple sources. Please refer to the passage pages for further source information.
- Collecting Rocks
- The author discusses the historical significance of rocks. Tips for the proper collection, identification, classification, and housing of rocks are presented to the reader.
- Fossils, Rocks, and Time
- The authors discuss the formation and analysis of fossil formations.
- Plain Geology
- The author conveys his thoughts on the overuse of technical language in the discussion and explanation of the natural sciences.
- Year Published: 2012
- Language: English
- Country of Origin: United States of America
- Flesch–Kincaid Level: 11.5
- Word Count: 18,081
- Genre: Informational
FCIT, . (2012). Geology Anthology. (Lit2Go ed.). Retrieved March 30, 2023, from https://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/157/geology-anthology/
FCIT, . Geology Anthology. Lit2Go Edition. 2012. Web. <https://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/157/geology-anthology/>. March 30, 2023.
FCIT, Geology Anthology, Li2Go edition, (2012), accessed March 30, 2023, https://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/157/geology-anthology/.