The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is a suspense novel by Robert Louis Stevenson, narrating the tale of Dr. Jekyll, and his menacing alter ego Mr. Hyde.
Source: Stevenson, R. L. (1886). The strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Longmans, Green and co.
- “Chapter 1: The Story of the Door”
- During a walk, Utterson and Enfield discuss the strange events surrounding a neglected building and the figure of Mr. Hyde.
- “Chapter 2: The Search for Mr. Hyde”
- Utterson begins investigating the mysterious Mr. Hyde. He finds himself haunted by nightmares. He looks for Dr. Jekyll.
- “Chapter 3: Dr. Jekyll Was Quite at Ease”
- Utterson speaks to Jekyll, but doesn’t get the answers that he is looking for regarding Mr. Hyde.
- “Chapter 4: The Carew Murder Case”
- One year later. Mr. Hyde is a suspect in a murder case, but his whereabouts are unknown.
- “Chapter 5: The Incident of the Letter”
- Utterson finds Jekyll, with a letter from Hyde. Utterson consults Mr. Guest regarding the letter.
- “Chapter 6: The Remarkable Incident of Dr. Lanyon”
- Jekyll seems to be improving, but then refuses visitors. Utterson goes to see Lanyon to find him sickly and unhappy.
- “Chapter 7: Incident at the Window”
- Utterson and Enfield walk again. They see Jekyll, who suddenly cuts off their conversation.
- “Chapter 8: The Last Night”
- Jekyll’s butler, Poole, comes to Utterson. They consider what to do about the mysterious person in the laboratory. (Longmans, Green and co., 1886)
- “Chapter 9: Dr. Lanyon’s Narrative”
- Lanyon’s letter about what he saw before his death. (Longmans, Green and co., 1886)
- “Chapter 10: Henry Jekyll’s Full Statement of the Case”
- Jekyll’s explanation of events. (Longmans, Green and co., 1886)
Stevenson, R. (1886). The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. (Lit2Go ed.). Retrieved May 27, 2020, from
Stevenson, Robert Louis. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Lit2Go Edition. 1886. Web. <>. May 27, 2020.
Robert Louis Stevenson, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Li2Go edition, (1886), accessed May 27, 2020,.