The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes is a collection of Sherlock Holmes stories originally published in 1894.
Source: Doyle, A. C. (1894). The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes.London, England: George Newnes.
- Adventure 1: “Silver Blaze”
- Sherlock Holmes investigates the disappearance of a race horse and the murder of its trainer.
- Adventure 2: “The Yellow Face”
- A man asks Holmes to investigate the strange behavior of his wife.
- Adventure 3: “The Stockbroker’s Clerk”
- Sherlock Holmes is faced with a case involving a man that is lured away from his place of business and is caught up in strange activity.
- Adventure 4: “The Gloria Scott”
- While in college, Holmes visits a friend and strikes a tender spot when talking to his friend’s father. This leads him into his investigation of a mystery involving blackmail.
- Adventure 5: “The Musgrave Ritual”
- Two of Musgrave’s domestic servants disappear after he catches the butler looking at the Musgrave ritual. He asks for Holmes’s assistance in finding them.
- Adventure 6: “The Reigate Puzzle”
- Holmes becomes involved with a case that involves a robbery of an invaluable assortment of things and then the murder of a coachman of a nearby estate.
- Adventure 7: “The Crooked Man”
- Holmes calls Watson to witness his last move in a case about the murder of a colonel. His wife is the prime suspect because they were having an argument when he died.
- Adventure 8: “The Resident Patient”
- A man is found in an unusual business agreement and entreats Holmes for his help.
- Adventure 9: “The Greek Interpreter”
- A man comes to Mycroft Holmes and tells him of his strange encounter. Sherlock Holmes then becomes involved because of his brother’s laziness.
- Adventure 10: “The Naval Treaty, Part 1”
- Dr. Watson receives a letter from an old friend that tells about a treaty that was stolen from his office. Watson refers the letter to Holmes to investigate.
- Adventure 10: “The Naval Treaty, Part 2”
- A conitnuation of part 1 in which Dr. Watson receives a letter from an old friend that tells about a treaty that was stolen from his office. Watson refers the letter to Holmes to investigate.
- Adventure 11: “The Final Problem”
- Holmes arrives at Watson’s home after escaping three murder attempts and a threat from his nemesis Moriarty. Holmes is determined to bring Moriarty to terms in order to uphold justice and make his career.
Doyle, A. (1894). The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes. (Lit2Go ed.). Retrieved March 29, 2023, from https://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/40/the-memoirs-of-sherlock-holmes/
Doyle, Arthur Conan. The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes. Lit2Go Edition. 1894. Web. <https://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/40/the-memoirs-of-sherlock-holmes/>. March 29, 2023.
Arthur Conan Doyle, The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, Li2Go edition, (1894), accessed March 29, 2023, https://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/40/the-memoirs-of-sherlock-holmes/.