Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) was an Irish playwright, novelist, poet, short story writer and Freemason. Known for his barbed and clever wit, he was one of the most successful playwrights of late Victorian London, and one of the greatest celebrities of his day.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray (1890)
- The Picture of Dorian Gray is a suspense novel by Oscar Wilde, narrating the tale of Dorian Gray, and his mysterious life.
- The Ballad of Reading Gaol
- A poetic narrative describing Oscar Wilde's experiences in the Reading Gaol.
- It is full winter now: the trees are bare,
- The lily's withered chalice falls around its rod of dusty gold,
- Le Jardin Des Tuileries
- This winter air is keen and cold, and keen and cold this winter sun,
FCIT. (2022, November 26). Oscar Wilde author page. Retrieved November 26, 2022, from
FCIT. "Oscar Wilde author page." Lit2Go ETC. Web. 26 November 2022. <>.
FCIT, "Oscar Wilde author page." Accessed November 26, 2022..