Windows 7 includes a Magnifier that can magnify the area around the pointer for people who have low vision.
- Magnifier Video Tutorial
- Video Tutorial: Bigger Version (.mov, 7.9 MB)
- Directions (HTML)
- Print Directions (Tagged PDF)
To use the Windows 7 Magnifier:
- Choose Start, All Programs, Accessories, Ease of Access, Magnifier.
- The Magnifier window will appear at the top of the screen. Drag this window away from the edge of the screen to make it a floating window you can move to any location on the Desktop. To dock the window again, drag it back to the edge of the screen.
- To access the options for the Magnifier, click on the Magnifier icon.
- In the Magnifier Options window, use the plus and minus buttons to adjust the amount of magnification.
- To close the Magnifier, click on the X to close the Magnifier Options window.