Closed captioning allows people with hearing impairments to read what is being said onscreen. iTunes, the free media manager from Apple, supports closed captions.
- iTunes Closed Captioning Video Tutorial
- Video Tutorial: Bigger Version (.mov, 7.9 MB)
- Directions (HTML)
- Print Directions (Tagged PDF)
To enable closed captioning support in iTunes:
- Launch iTunes and choose iTunes, Preferences.
- Select the Playback pane.
- Check the box next to “Show closed captioning when available.
When you play a movie that is closed captioned, iTunes will display the captions on a black strip over the video.
To hide the captions, choose Controls, Audio & Subtitles, Hide Closed Captioning.